Saturday, April 2, 2016

Beard.

The weather is getting nicer and my scholastic year is finishing in a few months. Thank God! This has been a great learning experience but it has made me aware of the following: my weaknesses, strengths and teaching preferences. For as much as like kids (I am kid at heart at times) I realize I don't like teaching them as when I have to be a babysitter I really detest it. It's entirely possible I haven't found my authoritative side yet, but that doesn't matter as that is not my idea of teaching.

So I am going to resume my usual job hunt which is quite often an overwhelming task because I feel intimidated by some of the job requirements. There is also the magic question of....where. I am happy to work in all three countries where I have lived, but my gut is telling me to get out of Italy as there is simply never any good news here or any clear future for mine or the younger generations. But I suppose I would stay if I could find better teaching conditions. It's all going to depend on the job and conditions.

I have a beard now. It takes months to grow in to look full, but to be honest I appreciate what I have. A beard has an interesting effect on a man in that it makes you feel more masculine and for me it's a connection with men of the past. There have been great men of power who had beards, Christ for example. I'll prob shave it off though in the warmer months as I sweat enough in the summer month with short hair and no beard! Anyone who knows me knows that I have a hair obsession and I have always had an appreciation for the beard. It's taken years but it looks better than it did 10 years ago. Every man is different in their growth patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment